December 15, 2004
The SIGGRAPH Panels program is up. They’re accepting panels in a two-phase process this year. First, panel proposals were submitted Nov. 3 and a selection of panel topics was accepted. Now everyone can submit position papers to the accepted panels; panels will be dynamically composed out of the best submissions. Most of the panel topics are of interest to GTxA readers including:
- Rethinking The Narrative Thread: Where Do Movies End And Videogames Begin? Discussing The New Storytelling Paradigm
- Believable Characters: Are AI-Driven Characters Possible, and Where Will They Take Us?
- State Of The Art In Game Research: Games on the Horizon and Beyond
- Networked Performance: How Does Art Affect Technology and Vice Versa?
- The Open-Source Movement and the Graphics Community: How Can Open Source, Third Party, and Proprietary Software Models Coexist?
Looks like a great panel lineup! To ensure that these are great panels, y’all should submit position papers…