October 8, 2005
The Electronic Literature Collection will be an annual publication of current and older electronic literature intended for individual, library, and classroom use — and will be open to interactive fiction, interactive drama, literary games, and other forms of interest to GTxA folks. The publication will be made available both on the Web and as a packaged, cross-platform disc, in a case appropriate for library processing, marking, and distribution. The contents of the Collection will be offered under a Creative Commons license so that libraries and educational institutions will be allowed to duplicate and install works and individuals will be free to share the disc with others. The Collection will feature a variety of electronic literature in many forms and genres — a broad selection of quality work. This will include new work that has been selected by editors as well as notable electronic literature from the past.
The Electronic Literature Collection is supported by:
- Center for Programs in Contemporary Writing (CPCW), University of Pennsylvania
- ELINOR: Electronic Literature in the Nordic Countries
- Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH), University of Maryland
- The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- The School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Minnesota