April 17, 2006

Writers House & Victory Garden: Moulthrop this Wednesday

Stuart Moulthrop, author of Victory Garden, Hegirascope, Reagan Library, and Pax, will discuss his more than 15 years of work in digital writing and will read from new work.

Wednesday – April 19, 2006 – 5:30pm

The reading and discussion will take place at the Kelly Writers House, on the University of Pennsylvania campus, 3805 Locust Walk.

The event is free and open to the public, and is part of the MACHINE series at the Kelly Writers House, which is co-sponsored by the Electronic Literature Organization.

One Response to “Writers House & Victory Garden: Moulthrop this Wednesday”

1. nick Says:

It was a great event!

After Charles Bernstein welcomed everyone, Stuart and I started off – I was acting as reader and interviewer. I navigated through some of Victory Garden, Hegirascope (version 2), Marginal Effects, Reagan Library, and Pax while Stuart read. We had a bit of discussion during this phase, too, and I hope the reader/author setup helped to show some about how these pieces worked.

Then, Stuart showed us two new pieces which he’s still polishing: Deep Surface (an updated version of Diver, which he showed at Brown) and Endlessly Feeding the Desert. We had some good questions and discussion afterwards as well.

It was great fun for me, and I hope for Stuart as well, and I’m sure it was an interesting look at electronic literature for the folks who attended.