April 28, 2006

Upcoming Talks in Brazil

by Noah Wardrip-Fruin · , 2:41 pm

I don’t know how many Brazilian GTxA readers we have, but I’ll be giving a few lectures in Brazil during the third week of May (the 17th, 18th, and 20th). It’d be great to meet folks down there.

7 Responses to “Upcoming Talks in Brazil”

1. Ale McHaddo Says:

Well I am one of those brazilian readers!

2. The Escapist Says:

Amazing! I’ll definitely be there.

3. renata Says:

looking forward to the event. this reader will definitelly be there!

4. noah Says:

Oddly, my lectures may be cancelled because — as readers in Brazil certainly know — Sao Paulo is under attack by criminal gangs. To fill in those who aren’t following the news: 80 people dead so far, many of them police. In fact, a police car was shot up on the same street as my hotel. The university is closed at least tomorrow. Meanwhile, it’s strange out on the street — the businesses are shut, there’s little traffic, and the few pedestrians on the sidewalks seem to be walking their dogs.

5. Espen Says:

So for once, GTxA is a bit too much like its namesake?

6. noah Says:

Wait till you see me hefting a sniper rifle with the America’s Army promotion crew at E3.

But, seriously, apparently some deal was struck between the government and the gang leaders. The attacks appear over, and everything seems to be back to normal. I’ll be giving a talk tomorrow as planned.

7. adam Says:

Where are you going to be speaking? I was just in Sao Paulo, got back late last week. I’m showing a couple of pieces at a University called FAAP.