October 25, 2006

Façade at Stumptown Comics Fest

by Andrew Stern · , 9:53 am

Join me at this weekend’s Stumptown Comics Festival, at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland. I’ll probably have the only interactive exhibit there, besides the hundred or more comic artists themselves ;-)

I thought I’d bring Façade there, since its dramatic content and visual style were heavily inspired by Adrian Tomine’s Optic Nerve and Daniel Clowes’ Eightball, and comics folks might dig it. Check out this Lichtenstein, anything look familiar?

Also I’m looking for an illustrator for a poster to visualize and promote The Party. Right now I’ve got my eye on the work of Portland’s Colleen Coover, which is fabulous, but who knows who else I’ll meet.

Also, while I’m at it, I’ll ask you to contribute a vote for you favorite game over at the Game Shadow’s Innovation Awards. Right now the People’s Choice award is being dominated by Illegal Danish – Super Snacks. (I once made a short film called Knish of Death, so I’m sympathetic.)

I do hope to soon write that Part 2 post on design issues as I promised; I’ve been consumed the past few weeks with tending my very sick cat.