February 5, 2007

an inky tribute to them

The Philadelphia Inquirer has a new column by Katie Haegele: DigitaLit. As you might guess, it is about digital literature. The first one introduces the concept and the online novel Mortal Ghost, by Lee Lowe.

7 Responses to “an inky tribute to them”

1. Lee Says:

Thanks for the mention, Nick. I’m glad to get to know your blog.

2. nick Says:

Thanks for coming by, Lee! I should have noted that Katie’s second column is up, too. It covers a project that has gotten some e-ink on here: PENNsound.

3. scott Says:

Nick, You should be sure to drop Lee a copy of the ELC. Great to see this column in the Inquirer.

4. Lee Says:

I’d love to have a copy of the ELC, please.

5. nick Says:

Great! I just wanted to note that the ELC is still available for free to everyone via the Electronic Literature Organization’s MITH office. Also, we have several copies at the Kelly Writers House for locals to take. I’ll try to make sure they are out and available. I’ll hope that Katie Haegele, along with other Philadelphians with an interest in e-lit, will be able to pick up copies when they are at some local ditial-literature event, such as a reading in the MACHINE series. The next one, a grand poetry reading by Flarf poets, is this Thursday at 6pm.

6. Katie Haegele Says:

Hey guys! Thanks for the mention. I’ve been following this blog with great interest for a while now; such fascinating, exciting stuff. I hope you’ll feel free to contact me if you know of something you think would make a good Inquirer story.

7. nick Says:

Katie’s latest column, about the story-generating system MEXICA, is now up. I can’t find a page that links to all of the columns, but several other Philadelphia Inquirer columnists have such pages, so perhaps one will come online before too long.