August 3, 2007

This Truthiness Just In!!

by Andrew Stern · , 11:21 pm

Ian Bogoston The Colbert Report…? this Tuesday? Is it truthy???!!!

[picks jaw off floor]

what’s cable TV coming to??!?!

Update: Video of Ian on the Colbert Report.

7 Responses to “This Truthiness Just In!!”

Anyone know the history of videogame industry folk appearing on the big late night TV talk shows, like Leno, Letterman, Conan, Stewart, Colbert? I’ve seen Will Wright on Colbert, that’s all I know of.

News-wise I’ve seen Wright on 60 Minutes, EA execs once or twice on Charlie Rose, Janet Murray on Lehrer News Hour, various people on NPR, Chris Crawford on Nightline, etc.

2. scott Says:

Go Ian!

3. scott Says:

I thought Ian held up very well under the Colbert stare — got across the main ideas of his book and averaged more words per second than most Colbert guests while sounding almost natural.

Yeah, great job Ian!

Watch the clip on Kotaku.

5. noah Says:

Yes, we just watched it and Ian did great. He explained his ideas clearly, he made important points, and Colbert didn’t appear fluster him at all. Most people Colbert has on don’t do nearly as well!

I watched the show in the MIT student center — everyone there enjoyed it. Ian did great and really managed to advance the case for video games as meaninful simulation and as expressive of ideas.

My favorite part, though, was the first pronunciation of Ian’s name at the beginning of the show: “Our guest tonight on the Colber Repor is Ian Bogo…”

Here’s the video of Ian’s interview.

7. Ian Bogost Says:

My Appearance on The Colbert Report

A clip of my segment and some responses to common questions from friends and colleagues