August 24, 2007
It’s been over two years since Façade‘s release, and bits of coverage continue to appear in a variety of formats. In the unlikely event you’re not sick to death of it, please read on.
* GamesTM, a slick print magazine in the UK, published an article “Behind the Mask” in their current issue. It’s pretty similar to the Games for Windows article on Façade from last May, reaching a British readership this time.
* The under-development augmented reality version, AR Façade, to be publicly debuted at the upcoming Beall show, landed an AP article in June, which according to the AR Façade website, was featured online at USA Today, Business Week, MSNBC, International Business Times, International Herald Tribune, Forbes, Washington Post, Fox News, and in approximately 50 other news outlets around the world, and blogged at EnGadget.com, TheRawFeed.com among others. There was even a video piece on USNews.com, but that seems to be gone now.
* Online mag bit-tech.net has a new article, “The World of Indie Games“, with some coverage.
* Here’s a podcast review by Bobby Blackwolf on allgames.com. (Actually this is from 2005, but I just discovered it.)
* Recently there was a slew of forum activity on somethingawful.com, including the posting of over a dozen of stageplays. It’s cool to see that new people are picking it up and having fun with it.