October 1, 2007

Jobs Galore

by Noah Wardrip-Fruin · , 12:59 pm

In addition to the two game-related jobs at UC Santa Cruz, there are a lot of other interesting jobs out there right now. For example, UCLA has two digital humanities faculty positions, and a post-doc.

My eye was also caught by an interesting creative writing job at Eastern Michigan University. Unfortunately, I don’t have a link, but here’s the description I was sent:

Tenure-track assistant professor position in Creative Writing program with undergraduate and MA program emphasizing interdisciplinarity. Significant publications record must include work in mixed or hybrid-genres and fiction. Detail and discuss performances, exhibits, installments, electronic work, collaborative projects, and/or community arts activities. MFA or PhD in creative writing, evidence of excellence in teaching, and promise of continuing excellence in publication. Send letter of application and complete dossier to Christine Hume, English Dept., 602C Pray Harrold, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 by November 5. For more information, contact Christine Hume at chume@emich.edu.

And, of course, I’d also be remiss if I didn’t mention my department’s very broadly-defined search in television studies.

I’m sure there are many more. Feel free to mention any interesting ones in the comments here…