March 9, 2008

XYZZY Awards and New Get Lamp Trailer Handed Out

The big annual awards event for interactive fiction, the 2007 XYZZY awards, has just concluded. Admiral Jota’s Lost Pig, winner of the IF Comp, took four XYZZY awards including the big one, Best Game. I was pleased to see that the uncanny Deadline Enchanter by Alan DeNiro won the award for Best Use of Medium. Congratulations to these and other winners: James Webb, Maryam Gousheh-Forgeot, David Fisher, Stephen Granade, and Christopher Huang. And, congratulations to all the nominees this year.

Coincidentally with the XYZZY awards ceremony, Jason Scott released a new trailer for Get Lamp, his forthcoming documentary about interactive fiction. Update: However, the new trailer was only available for download during the awards. When the official new version is online, I’ll link to it here. Further Update: I’ve linked to the final version of the trailer, which Jason recently put online.

5 Responses to “XYZZY Awards and New Get Lamp Trailer Handed Out”

1. Dennis G. Jerz Says:

That URL comes up 404.

Indeed, it’s 404 for me now, too. I think that version of the new trailer was a limited-time offer for XYZZY attendees, but an official new trailer is forthcoming soon that will be based on that one. When it appears, I’ll link to it here.

3. Jason Scott Says:

Exactly, Nick. The official, minor-fixes-done version will be up in the next day or so.

4. Jason Scott Says:

The proper version is now up at http://www.getlamp.com/trailer.

The trailer looks great!