March 26, 2008
The games are out! Go play the games! No, I’m not talking about the IF Comp or any run-of-the-mill videogaming competition. I sing of The Video Game Name Generator Competition, brought on by the Independent Gaming Source. Entrants had to use the Video Game Name Generator to produce a title and then develop a game to suit that name. Given three weeks to accomplish this feat, forty-eight people have managed it.
Click over to the competition site to see the screenshots and (if you’re brave and run Windows) to download the games that accompany these titles and others:
- Attack Of The Banjo On The High Seas
- Emo Harvest on The Oregon Trail
- Extreme Bedtime: The Next Generation
- Incomprehensible Penguin Arena
- Narcoleptic Soccer Rush
- Post-Apocalyptic Unicorn Uprising
- Presidential Crowbar Encounter
- ROM CHECK FAIL
(Don’t bother trying to match these up. The four screenshots I plundered for the image are from different games.) Thanks to josh g. for the tip.