September 5, 2008

New Post

by Mary Flanagan · , 11:59 am

I’ve just taken a new position at Dartmouth College as the inaugural Sherman Fairchild Distinguished Professor in Digital Humanities, where I will be centralizing the development of the digital side of things on campus as they relate to the arts and humanities. The post offers flexibility and time for both studio and academic research. My teaching will involve working across departmental lines; while my academic home will be in Film and Media Studies, I am able to teach courses across campus related to gaming, art, technology studies, innovation, design, and the like, in both theoretical and practical domains. Awesome! Tiltfactor, my laboratory, is moving with me, of course. I’m pleased to be working with my new amazing colleagues and am planning to launch initiatives with folks such as the code-theorist Aden Evens, the cyberfeminist theorist Brenda Silver, media theorists Mark Williams, Mary Desjardins, and Jeffrey Ruoff; Fabio Pellacini and Lorie Loeb of computer graphics and mocap fame; and so many, many others, it would take up much screen! I will continue to have a home base in NYC. Values at Play is continuing, and the NYC games community has just launched Digra Chapter here, as well as many other fantastic initiatives…

8 Responses to “New Post”

1. doug Says:

kick ass! (in a good way). congratulations, mary!!

2. Noah Wardrip-Fruin Says:

Many congratulations!

3. Brett Bobley Says:

Mary — Fantastic. Congratulations. Keep us posted about the job!

4. Mark M. Says:

Congrats, Mary, looking forward to all your good work there.

5. Nick Montfort Says:

Woot! Congratulations on the move, Mary, and good luck.

6. mary Says:

thanks everyone. I’m quite excited!

7. Bryan Alexander Says:

Congratulations! What a fine situation.

8. McKenzie Wark Says:

Congratulations! I’m sure you’ll do wonderful things there.