November 16, 2008

IF Comp 2008 Results: Congrats, Violet!

Violet, Nightfall, and Everybody Dies are the top three games in the 2008 Interactive Fiction Competition, after a month and a half of play and voting by the public. Congratulations to Jeremy Freese, Eric Eve, Jim Munroe, and the authors of all the entries. You can still download all the games, of course. The full list of results is also up.

8 Responses to “IF Comp 2008 Results: Congrats, Violet!

1. Mark J Musante Says:

I searched through the site to see where ‘results.php’ is being referenced, and I couldn’t find it. Could you let me know where that url came from? Use http://ifcomp.org/comp08/results.html instead.

2. Stephen Granade Says:

The list of results is available at a different URL than the one posted.

3. Kotaku - 2008 Interactive Fiction Competition Winners Announced [IF] | Nintendo ds Says:

[…] the game sees you trying to write a 1000 word article while dealing with some unusual distractions. IF Comp 2008 Results: Congrats, Violet! [Grand Text […]

4. Nick Montfort Says:

Mark & Stephen, I fixed that link. It’s quite possible that I just got it wrong by incorrectly twiddling the “games.php” URL. Sorry about that.

Another error, this one of omission: I should have mentioned that this year, Stephen Granade once again organized the IF Competition. Thanks, Stephen!

5. Stephen Granade Says:

I’m pretty sure I had it wrong for about 20 minutes while I was editing one of the website’s files, since the php-based link showed up elsewhere. So I’m guessing it’s my fault.

6. The Gamer Show » Blog Archive » 2008 Interactive Fiction Competition Winners Announced [IF] Says:

[…] IF Comp 2008 Results: Congrats, Violet! [Grand Text Auto] […]

7. Aaron Murray Says:

I just launched DomainOfHeroes.com, and I would love to have some of these guys contribute to the story in the game. Text rocks!

8. Nick Montfort Says:

Aaron, you’re very welcome to submit an IF Comp game, too – the contest runs every year.